Wow, I am beyond amazed at the turnout for my Summer Under the Stars blogathon! Below the cut you’ll find all the rules regarding entering to win the contest prizes.
Now, remember how I mentioned fabulous prizes? Well, I delivered, or, more accurately, the wonderful folks at Warner Archive delivered. They’ve offered me two each of the following Blu-rays which everyone who contributes something will be entered in to win: Out of the Past and Possessed. That’s not counting the big box of random films I’ll be giving away to those who participate in various #TCMParties on Twitter throughout the month. How do I enter, do you ask? Well, here are the rules (which I’m kindly borrowing from Scribe Hard on Film)
- You must post at least one eligible entry in the 2015 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon.
- Blu-Rays: For every eligible 2015 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon entry you post, your name is entered into the drawing for one the three Blu-rays. If you post one entry, your name is entered once. If you post 10 entries, your name is entered ten times. You may only win one of the three Blu-ray’s. However, if you do win one of the three DVD sets, you are still eligible for one of the films from the random box.
- #TCMParty Events: If you’d like to win one random film from Warner Archive, you must participate in one of the select Twitter #TCMParty events below (so, if you aren’t following me on Twitter at @Journeys_Film….just saying). To participate, simply watch the film and converse with me via Twitter, being sure to include the hashtag #TCMParty as well as #SUTSgiveaway OR #SUTS2015 OR #SUTSBlogathonto be entered to win (you don’t have to do it for every Tweet, just one will count). Those who enterwill be announced at the same time as the main prize winners (See rules below).
- August 3rd (Honoring Adolphe Menjou): Stage Door (1937) at 11:15PM ET
- August 13th (Honoring Ann-Margret): Bye Bye Birdie (1963) at 8:00PM ET
- August 20th (Honoring Mae Clarke): Waterloo Bridge (1931) at 8:00PM ET
An entry is considered eligible if it meets the following criteria:
- The entry must be new (not something previously published).
- The entry may be posted before the star’s day, but we will not promote it until the star’s day. However, the entry must be posted no later than 5:59am EDT at the end of that star’s day. Turner Classic Movies counts a day as 6:00am on one day to 6:00am the next, not midnight to midnight. For example, August 1 is Gene Tierney’s day. Her day officially starts at 6:00am on 8/1 and ends at 5:59am on 8/2. Each star’s day follows suit. Because this blogathon is based on TCM’s schedule, this will be the schedule of record, so those of you not based in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States, please make your time calculations accordingly.
- Entries can be anything so long as they are related to the stars being focused on. Film reviews do not have to be of films airing, but you must reference that the entry is for this blogathon (see next rule) and how the film or topic connects back to that star. With that being said, Top 10 lists, articles, etc. are allowed so long as they can be logically connected to the star on that day.
- Each entry you post, regardless of style or length or number, must specifically reference that it is an entry in the “2015 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon” and must contain a link back to my blog. (I will be promoting all of the bloggers every day throughout the month, so we want to ensure that readers have one of two central locations.)
- The drawing will be held no later than Friday, September 4th, 2013.
- Winners will be notified via email by September 5th and must confirm receipt of the notification by September 12th. In the absence of confirmation of the first notification, reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner via other channels. If confirmation is not made by the winner by September 19th, that winner forfeits his prize and another winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be shipped once confirmation arrangements have been made with all winners.
- Winners’ names will be published on my blog once shipping arrangements have been made with all winners.
- The DVD/Blu-ray prizes are Region 1. Substitutions for other Regions cannot be made, nor may any prizes be substituted. Also, due to international shipping prices, while the blogathon is open to anyone, worldwide, the prizes will only be dispensed to US residents.
- Each person who submits an eligible entry will be entering to win one of the fabulous titles below, courtesy of Warner Archive. Two of each title will be dispensed:
- Out of the Past on Blu-ray
Ninochtka on Blu-rayDue to unforeseeable circumstances this is no longer being offered as a contest prize
- Possessed on Blu-ray
A freelance film critic whose work fuels the Rotten Tomatoes meter. I've been published on The Hollywood Reporter, Remezcla, and The Daily Beast. I've been featured in the L.A. Times. I currently run two podcasts, Citizen Dame and Ticklish Business.