Aaaand we’re back! It’s Monday once again and I’ve been looking through the TV listings so you don’t have too! While there’s never a shortage of interesting guests to see in the weekly classic TV line-up, there’s some new faces coming to the small screen this week (and more than a few to get fans of Old Hollywood excited).
Without further ado, let’s open the TV guide.
- The Twilight Zone is bringing some fun episodes this week, thanks to guest stars like: Lee Marvin and Bill Mumy (both on Tuesday) and Buster Keaton (Sunday). The show airs during the 11:00pm hour MST.
- Robert Culp guest stars on The Rifleman this week! The episode airs Friday April 2nd at 2:30pm MST.
- The Carol Burnett Show fans will find some great guest stars to watch. Ben Casey himself Vince Edwards appears Tuesday March 30th at 10:00pm MST. The next day (Wednesday March 31st), birthday girl Shirley Jones and the delightful Ken Berry appear on the variety show.
- Meanwhile, the morning slot of Perry Mason is a bit quiet on the guest star front as the legal drama continues its trek through season eight. Meanwhile the night time slot feature appearances from the always fun George Macready on March 30th (10:30pm MST) as well as Ed Nelson on Thursday April 1st.
- Western fans take note, Wagon Train features appearances by: Marta Kristen (Monday), Frank DeKova (Tuesday) as well as the incomporable Charles Ruggles and Linda Evans (Wednesday).
- Svengoolie airs in the show’s usual Saturday evening time slot. This week, we’re watching the 1957 Roger Corman film, The Undead.
- Monday at 12:00pm MST the network is running the season two finale of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, which features a memorable guest appearance from Bill Daily.
- The Millionaire is a DVR airing between 3am and 4am MST. Guest stars this week include: Tommy Noonan (Monday), Peter Marshall (Tuesday) and James Coburn (Saturday).
- Car 54 Where Are You is airing the shows first handful of episodes this week, including “Change Your Partners” and the hysterical “Home Sweet Sing Sing”. The show is a DVR airing for most at 12:30am MST.
- The “Decade’s Binge” this weekend (airing Saturday and Sunday!) will be the 1974-1978 Angie Dickinson led drama series, Police Woman.
- McHales Navy fans can watch the show on Antenna TV beginning with episode one on Monday. The show airs at 5:00am MST.
Did You Know?
- Western fans who haven’t cut the cord yet… a simple DVR setting for Gunsmoke results in 10 episodes a day?!
Classic TV Streaming Picks:
- Netflix: Monty Python’s Flying Circus (Series 1-4)
- HBO Max: Roots (mini-series)
- Disney+: The Imagineering Story (single season)
- Hulu: Lost in Space (seasons 1-4)
- Starz: Laramie (seasons 1-4)
- Paramount+: The Love Boat (seasons 1-10)
- Prime Video: The Doris Day Show (seasons 1-5)
- Peacock: The Rockford Files (seasons 1-6)
- NBC.com: The Six Million Dollar Man (seasons 1-6)
- Roku: I Dream of Jeanie (seasons 1-3)
- Britbox: Dad’s Army (seasons 1-9)
- YouTube: Frontier Circus (single season)
- TubiTV: Family Affair (seasons 1-5)
- Pluto TV: Three’s Company (seasons 1-8)
Well, that’s all folks! Come back next week for more classic TV fun and hopefully some tidbits to get you excited for the classic TV week to come.
What hidden, classic TV gems are you marathoning? Shout them out in the comments!
Podcaster, film historian, and general lover of all things classic film and television. Studying the contributions of women behind the camera in classic television.
You can find me on Twitter @kpierce624!